Click [Students] from the top menu bar and select a student to open the Student Details screen. *Note: a student must be selected to see to see the 6 tabs.
The Student Details screen has 7 tabs [Information], [Plans], [Notes], [History] and [Medical Alerts] [Tab Updates] and [Mailing Lists] each displaying various information on the selected student.
1. Information: basic student information such as name, address, phone and email. This screen also shows membership information. From the information tab, you can edit student info, add a new student and email a student.
a. To edit:
- Search for the student you want to edit.
- Change any field.
- Click <Save>.
*Note: this is where you can change a student's name, not from the main dashboard.
b. Add a new student:
- Click <Add New Student> at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter the new student's information in the appropriate fields.
- Click <Save>.
Note: First Name and Last Name are required fields. (*If the email address is omitted, the record will not get added to the integrated email marketing partner). D.O.B Field format is YYYY-MM-DD.
c. Email the student:
Click <Email> for a pop-up window. Emails sent from Karmasoft include your studio logo. For help uploading a logo, see Studio Settings.
2. Plans: View and manage memberships, packages and workshops.
a. Active student plans screen displays the following options/info:
- Transfer button - Transfer a plan to another student.
- Suspend button - Freeze/suspend a current plan, and activate later.
- Name - Name of the student plan (same as the session card product name).
- Remaining - Number of classes remaining on the package.
- Unlimited - Determines if the plan is unlimited or not.
- Groups - The group this package is valid for.
- Expiry Date - The date the package will expire.
b. To edit an active plan, click on the plan or the circled arrow to the right of the plan. More on editing/viewing expired, pending, suspended or transferred plans.
3. Notes: track your interaction with students.
a. Adding a new note: Click the green <Add New Note> button.
b. Adding a new task: Click the green <Add New Task> button. More info on Tasks here.
4. History displays a breakdown of student attendance.
a. Options: show visits or purchases; display as a list or calendar; choose dates; export as CSV or PDF files.
5. Medical Alerts: centralize this important information for teachers/front desk staff. Medical alerts will appear as an icon beside a student's name when they sign in to class.
a. To add a new alert, click <Add New Alert> on the bottom of the screen.
6. Tab Updates: track tab amounts, justifications and dates received.
a. To edit tabs from this screen, click the green <*Edit> button next to the On Tab field.
- See article on how to share a class card among family members.